472 young designers challenged their limit for ArchiNEXT2017!
Team ArchiNEXT is pleased to announce that 472 designer aspirants, from all over the Philippines, submitted an entry on this year’s design challenge – ArchiNEXT: HCG Young Designers’ Competition 2017.
Bearing with them knowledge and skills in architecture, ArchiNEXT feels grateful and most thankful for all the students, who, aside from showing positive upheaval to their invitation, has come across their comfort zones and challenged their abilities, to create revolutionary designs for the benefit of the Filipinos.
The number of entries collated for this year’s scholarship and competition was the highest number that ArchiNEXT has had for the past years of holding this kind of event for 3rd and 4th year BS Architecture students. Exceeding last year’s 120 entries, selection for the top finalists sure is tougher and more rigid this year.
At this point in time, students’ entries are on Preliminary Screening wherein their entries will be subject to the scrutiny and expert eyes of architect-judges namely:
• Ar. Lorelie De Viana – Council of Deans and Heads of Architecture Schools in the Philippines (CODHASP) President
• Ar. Richard Garcia – Visionarch Vice President
• Ar. Mike Tomeldan – PRC’s Outstanding Professional of the Year for Environmental Planning
• Ar. Joseph Ramon “Pippo” Carunungan – Principal Architect of Carunungan and Partners Co.
• Ar. Esperanza “Ching” Valencia – former Co-Chair, Competition on the Commission of Professional Practice of the United Architects of the Philippines and
• Ar. Mike Peña – Director for Convention Exhibits and International Conventions of the United Architects of the Philippines
Out of the 472 entries,ArchiNEXT shall be selecting maximum of Magic 60 entries to qualify for the final screening. Final screening is slated on February 24, 2017.
To all the students who braved their way to submitting entries, congratulations! You are one step ahead to reaching your dreams!