(Frequently Asked Questions)
We gathered some of the frequently asked questions from those interested to join ArchiNEXT2017. Read through!
Registration and Deadline:
1. ArchiNEXT is open to 3rd and 4th years, but I just want to ask if 5th year BS Architecture students can also join?
The competition is only for 3rd and 4th year BS architecture students. But if you are in your 5th year, we may suggest that maybe you can coach your lower batch instead.
2. Is December 31, 2016 the deadline of the submission of entries?
Yes, December 31, 2016 is the deadline for all entries of the competition and scholarship.
3. Is there a registration required?
No registration needed. You can start your design today, send your hard and soft copy entries on or before December 31 with your entry form.
4. I would just like to clarify on who I will need to ask to sign the “UAPSA Chapter Dean of College of Architecture” at the bottom of the entry form.
It can be your dean of the college of architecture/ chair of the department of architecture or UAPSA president.
1. Can we do manual drawing presentation?
Yes, you can. But we need soft copy also so you can scan or take a good photo after. For manual drawings, requirements are still the same such as submission of the softcopy version. For that, you may scan it in high-resolution.
2. Is it really A3 Size?
Yes. Design entries must be in maximum of four (4) A3 sized- bond paper in a horizontal/ landscape orientation.
3. Do you prefer a certain kind of board for the output?
Any A3 sized paper will do.
Area Selection/Area Requirement:
1. I just want to ask, the lot of the school that I’ve chosen, is it going to be my site? Thank you.
Yes, the school that you’ve chosen is going to be your site.
2. Is it a public or private elementary school?
It could be any, as long as it’s an Elementary school.
3. What is the minimum lot size of the Elementary School required for the competition?
There’s no minimum lot size because you have to propose your site location.
4. I’d like to ask if we are going to re-design the whole school or we are just required to improve it?
Depending on your area and your objective, you may rehabilitate or create a new one for your site.
5. Can we rescale buildings and floor plans to fit in the A3 size paper or we have to strictly follow 1:200 and 1:100?
You may rescale as needed but please do indicate it in your drawing and in your design rationale to fully notify the judges.
1. Who are qualified for the scholarship?
Anyone who joins the competition is qualified for the scholarship.
2. The requirements for the scholarship, where shall it be submitted?
Send your entries at our HCG Makati Office (1163, Chino Roces Ave., San Antonio Village, Makati City) on or before December 31, 2016.
You might have the same questions. For more information, view the full mechanics at http://archinext.ph/